The World of E’Co was established in the United Kingdom back in 1978 where it quickly became one of Countries leading and most respected textile recycling organisations. The World of E’Co relocated to Perth Australia in 1994 where it quickly re-established itself and is now one of Australia’s Leading Textile Recycling organisations. All associated packaging contaminants: - Paper, Plastics, Metals and other non-textiles by-products are also recycled. The combination of the aforementioned form the “Scope” of our ISO certification process.
In addition, as our company has gained the experience, E’Co provides comprehensive range of environmental: education, training, waste management, waste reduction and recycling: initiatives, solutions and services to our new and existing clients. The E’Co Environmental policy is the very heart of E’Co. E’Co offers a “one-stop solution” for all: environmental, waste reduction and recycling problems. This includes offering, already, “recycled” or environmentally friendly products and or alternatives to our client base. Overall our efforts help reduce the higher energy consumption and other associated adverse environmental impacts that arise through the alternative of processing virgin materials.
E’Co will ensure compliance with ISO 14001: 2016 standards and meet all internal, statutory and / or legal requirements; focusing on continual improvement, customer satisfaction, risk-based thinking, continual development and to effectively implement and sustain the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) formula.
All staff and customers are encouraged to submit suggestions for improvement and are openly welcome to discuss any ideas, suggestions or matters of concern at regular toolbox meetings. Furthermore, E’Co welcomes suggestions to further encourage carbon neutrality, to turn positive carbons into negative.
E’Co is dedicated to furthering the causes of recycling and re-use and maintaining compliance with Environmental legislation and codes of practice. E’Co is committed to carrying out our activities in a manner that will not create any further negative impacts on the environment. As part of this commitment E’Co aims to:
• Continually improve our own environmental performance and prevent pollution.
• Maximizing recycling to increase our recycling / diversion rates by investing in research and develop new methods and solutions for different materials in order to be recycled.
• Will continually work to educate and motivate each element of society: children, schools, teachers, parents, business, corporate and governments into reversing and further reducing their environmental impacts.
• Continually work to improve our internal management systems. Measure and monitor our progress and performance (achievements) against objectives and openly communicate our success with other interested parties.
• Provide training to ensure our staff, and the staff of our clients, possess the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out their tasks in a manner that further protects the environment.
• Communicate our policy to our employees, contractors and any interested party.
This policy is supported at senior level by our Managing Director and is reviewed annually.
E’Co provides education, training, waste management, waste reduction and recycling: initiatives, solutions and services to new and existing customers while continually striving for “Zero Waste”.
E’Co is committed to develop and maintain a culture of “Quality” excellence throughout the organisation. E’Co recognises the importance of achieving total customer satisfaction by providing cost effective, environmentally friendly products and / or services which are delivered on time, every time.
E’Co will ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2016 standards and meet all internal, statutory and / or legal requirements; focusing on continual improvement, customer satisfaction, risk based thinking, continual development and to effectively implement and sustain the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) formula.
Everyone at E’Co is fully committed to the company’s Quality Policy and Management System through active participation in; management meetings, improvement activities and leadership by example.
E’Co’s Quality policy will be communicated to all employees as part of their induction, and will be subject to continual improvement through ongoing education and training. All staff will be encouraged and empowered to participate in Quality improvement activities through teamwork and focused task groups. All staff has individual responsibility for understanding and applying this Quality policy in the performance of their tasks.
Copies of the Quality policy will be displayed within the organisation, on our website and are available to general public upon request. All staff and customers are encouraged to submit suggestions for improvement and are openly welcome to discuss any ideas, suggestions or matters of concern at regular toolbox meetings.
Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare Of employees, authorized visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995, the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 1998 and applicable codes of practice and Australian Standards as far as possible;
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
• A safe working environment.
• Plant and substances in safe condition.
• A commitment to consult and co-operate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace.
• A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety and risk assessment management.
Each employee has an obligation to:
• Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment.
• Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
• Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary.
• Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all employees, customers and visitors. We encourage suggestions in realizing our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate. This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where employees are required to work off-site.
SAI Global Certified
We are proud to say we are under standards and regulatory ethics and compliance of SAI Global certification and more.